- Hardcover: 332 pages
- Publisher: Wiley (May 4, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470075015
In today’s markets, there are literally thousands of stocks available to trade or invest in, and every day some of those stocks make big moves. While the reasons behind the moves may vary, the ability to position yourself for those moves can consistently enhance the profitability of your portfolio.
Nobody knows this better than author and independent Wall Street analyst Charles Payne. He understands what it takes to make it in today’s financial markets, and in Be Smart, Act Fast, Get Rich, he’ll show you how to actively invest in stocks using strategies that eliminate emotions and incorporate fundamental analysis and charting to avoid the mistakes of the crowd.
Written in a straightforward and accessible style, Be Smart, Act Fast, Get Rich demystifies the stock market in a way that will allow you to make the most informed investment decisions possible. It will not only show you how to pick stocks that are poised for big moves, but it will also help you gain a better understanding of what the overall market is doing.
Divided into three comprehensive parts, this one-of-a-kind guide will:
- Explain how to use fundamental analysis along with technical analysis to discover undervalued stocks
- Provide you with the knowledge and tools needed to stop emotionally sabotaging your stock market investing efforts
- Show you how to assemble portfolios that are positioned to outperform the market and make you rich
- Teach you how to be an investor who owns stocks for the kind of gains that buy real comfort and peace of mind—rather than a trader who simply flips stocks for pennies
You won’t get rich simply by putting money into a 401(k) or a bunch of mutual funds. But you will have a chance to achieve success if you take advantage of the opportunities offered by one of the best moneymaking machines in the world—the stock market. Filled with in-depth insights and practical advice, Be Smart, Act Fast, Get Rich weaves stories of Charles Payne’s own growth and development as a top Wall Street analyst with stories of investors who exemplify the do’s and don’ts of investing—providing you with a proven way to maximize profits and minimize losses in today’s dynamic stock market.