- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill; 1 edition (March 3, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071444122
Everything you need to know to build a solid investment portfolio–starting with as little as $500!
Financial security tomorrow requires that you make profitable investment decisions today, yet fewer than one in five of us feel we have the knowledge to make those decisions. Investing Demystified pulls back the curtain so you can invest like a veteran, outlining step-by-step techniques for making the most of your money while keeping it out of harmâ€™s way.
Structured to let you cover every detail at your own speed, this comprehensive guide shows you how to recognize and take advantage of profitable opportunities in everything from mutual funds to tax-free bonds to real estate. Market-proven tips and techniques, handy checklists, chapter-ending quizzes and more allow you to:
- Determine your investment personality to increase your investment success
- Protect your money from the next market downturn
- Use asset allocation strategies to increase long-term returns while managing risk
- Uncover stocks selling at a discount
- Know when to sell stocks, when to hold, and why
- Understand balance sheets, income statements, and other key financial documents
- Generate greater returns from your 401(k), IRA, or other retirement account
Investing Demystified will give you the inside track on where your money should be invested, whether youâ€™re looking to make money now or over the long run.