- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 4 edition (December 21, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470120479
The bestselling, up-to-date guide for starting your own import/export business
Do you dream of traveling to exotic places to buy or sell your lines of merchandise? Building an Import/Export Business shows you how to start your own business, from researching a raw idea to a successful launch to ongoing, profitable business operations. Author Kenneth Weiss objectively and accurately describes the difficulties and rewards of this kind of business.
This practical resource discusses new security procedures put into place since September 11, 2001, and predicts the response to problems with goods from China in mid-2007. Topics include:
- Information on targeting a market, preparing a business plan, managing finances, dealing with foreign currencies, marketing, and more
- Details of shipping procedures, customs requirements, and other government regulations
- Samples of commercial, banking, transportation insurance, and government-mandated documents
- Tips to help you take advantage of NAFTA, CAFTA, and other trade pacts
- Real-life examples from importers and exporters
- Online resources to help you start and grow your business
- Whether you want to participate in the global marketplace or fine-tune an established import/export business, this book helps you every step of the way.