- Paperback: 474 pages
- Publisher: Wrox; Pap/Onl edition (September 11, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470124482
With ASP.NET 2.0, .NET developers finally have the tools in their hands to effortlessly create aesthetically pleasing web application interface designs that can be easily carried forward to create a consistent look and feel to their site. In this book you’ll see how to join these new ASP.NET tools with universal web standards like CSS, color, graphics, and accessibility in the planning of any of your web projects. This combination will provide you with unique skills in the art of making powerful ASP.NET pages look as amazing as the technology that drives them.
Before delving into the new Navigation Controls, Master Pages, and Themes, ASP.NET programmers get a thorough grounding in basic web design considerations, including colors and fonts, Photoshop basics, and the fundamentals of CSS standards. With these tools in hand, ASP.NET developers can expand their programming horizons to make ASP.NET sites that are not only well-designed but attractive and easy-to-use.
What you will learn from this book
- How adding visual and interface design skills to your data access and business logic skills makes you a well-rounded and valuable developer
- How properly structured navigation controls can not only allow for the globalization of your site but can increase the security of your pages through integration with the ASP.NET Membership API
- How Master pages can be used to template the look and feel of your site and how other pages can then inherit them
- How to make ASP.NET controls render accessible CSS code rather than tables
- How to create a new theme for only mobile devices using new graphics, CSS rules, and master pages
- A preview of Microsoft’s newest web developer technologies, including SilverLight and Visual Studio 2008
Who this book is for
ASP.NET developers who want to learn about using ASP.NET for web interface design. Examples are written in C# but should be easily understandable for experienced VB developers as well.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.Download: