- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: AMACOM (May 30, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0814474454
With phones ringing off the hook, constantly changing to-do lists, and increasingly complicated schedules, having a good memory has become more important than ever. Drawing on the latest research from cognitive experts and psychologists, 30 Days to a More Powerful Memory provides hands-on, practical strategies and exercises that anyone, young or old, can use to sharpen their memory — fast! The book introduces readers to memory-boosting techniques such as mnemonic devices, visualization, chunking and clustering, and mental triggers, and also shows how to:
* effectively decrease anxiety levels and combat the negative emotions that can affect recall
* create powerful backup systems to help trigger associations
* exercise both body and mind, and improve overall health to improve memory
* get the kind of restful sleep that will increase one’s ability to retain information.
The book discusses common myths about memory, clarifying what’s true and what isn’t. Packed with tips and memory-boosting activities, this guide provides readers with the simple but powerful methods they need to increase their mental agility.