- Paperback: 1522 pages
- Publisher: Wrox; Pap/Onl edition (September 24, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 047010998X
ASP.NET programmers are familiar with the rich server-side programming in the ASP.NET/.NET Framework. ASP.NET AJAX adds many similar client-side features giving ASP.NET developers a feature-rich client-side framework for the first time. This book explains how ASP.NET AJAX simulates many of the rich programming features of the ASP.NET/.NET Framework on the client side. Packed with extensive real-world examples, in-depth descriptions, and code walkthroughsâ€”all tested with both ASP.NET 2.0 and ASP.NET 3.5â€”this book provides thorough coverage of both the ASP.NET AJAX client-side and server-side frameworks. You’ll learn how these frameworks harmonize to meetyour AJAX-enabled application needs. This hands-on approach gives you the skills and knowledge you need to develop real ASP.NET AJAX applications.
What you will learn from this book
- How to write ASP.NET AJAX code that works with both ASP.NET 2.0 and ASP.NET 3.5
- Techniques for event programming and event bubbling
- Ways to develop client components, controls, and behaviors
- Networking programming and Web services bridges and transformers
- How to develop script and extender server controls
- Internals of asynchronous partial page rendering and triggers and using UpdatePanel in user controls and custom controls
- Techniques for extending xml-script parsing
- ListView internals and how to develop data controls, templates, templated controls, and templated data controls
Who this book is for
This book is for ASP.NET developers who are looking to add AJAX to their repertoire.
Wrox Programmer’s References are designed to give the experienced developer straight facts on a new technology, without hype or unnecessary explanations. They deliver hard information with plenty of practical examples to help you apply new tools to your development projects today.