- AUTHOR : by Laurence Moroney (Author), Matthew MacDonald (Editor)
- PUBLISHER : Apress publisher
- ISBN : 1590597761
- EDITION : Special Edition
- RLS DATE : 02/09/2007
Welcome to Pro ASP.NET 2.0 in VB 2005, Special Edition. In this book, you’ll learn how ASP.NET 2.0 really works. You won’t be bored with a rehash of the VB 2005 language–instead, you’ll get the hard-won practical advice that you need to build sophisticated, scalable websites. New features are clearly identified, so if you’ve programmed with a previous version of ASP.NET you’ll sail through the basics and get right to the most important changes and enhancements.
You’ll also dig into advanced topics that other ASP.NET books leave out, like custom control creation, image handling, and encryption. You’ll spend two complete chapters learning to make highly responsive pages with Ajax techniques and exploring Microsoft’s next-generation Atlas platform. There’s no better way to prepare for the future of the Web.
For this Special Edition of the book, we’ve also included a Bonus CD containing a host of valuable extras to help you really get to grips with the technology:
- A carefully selected library of chapters from eighteen other Apress Pro and Expert titles designed to complement this book and broaden your knowledge of ASP.NET 2.0, C# 2005, VB 2005, and SQL Server 2005. That’s over 2,000 information-rich pages in eBook form. All fully supported with code samples on apress.com.
- An eBook copy of ASPToday.com on ASP.NET 2.0 containing thirty-three articles covering ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Server 2005 from Apress’ ASPToday website. ASPToday specializes in publishing quality articles for ASP developers. This is the first time this material is being made available in eBook form.
- A full selection of our .NET 2.0 Roadmaps that illustrate how Apress books can be linked together by you, the reader, to create your own custom-made learning curve to help you master the technology areas you need to know.
About the Author
Laurence Moroney is the Director of Technology Evangelism at Mainsoft, the cross-platform development company. He has over 10 years in software development and architecture, specializing in interoperability, security and performance in such diverse environments as Casinos, Jails, the Border Patrol, Airports, Professional Soccer and Financial Services. He has written several books on computing, including some on Web Services Security, ASP.NET and Java/.NET interoperability, as well as dozens of articles on various technology issues.
He lives in Sammamish, Washington with wife Rebecca and children Claudia and Christopher. His blog is at www.philotic.com, where you can find lots of Atlas and other development resources. Matthew MacDonald (Editor) is an author, educator, and MCSD developer who has a passion for emerging technologies. He is a regular writer for developer journals such as Inside Visual Basic, ASPToday, and Hardcore Visual Studio .NET, and he’s the author of several books about programming with .NET, including User Interfaces in VB .NET: Windows Forms and Custom Controls, The Book of VB .NET, and .NET Distributed Applications. In a dimly remembered past life, he studied English literature and theoretical physics. Send e-mail to him with praise, condemnation, and everything in between, to email@example.com.